- Download the free FTP Program Filezilla by visiting their web site and downloading the latest windows client to your desktop.
- Install by launching the downloaded file and using the default for all prompts. FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol.
- Start Filezilla (double click on the Filezilla Desktop Icon)
- Click File | Site Manager
- Click on the "New Site" button, which should produce a highlighted "New FTP site" that you can over type with your name for the site (in this example, Larry Miller)
- Host field type "bridgeforyou.com" (omit the quotes).
- Logontype field, click on "Normal"
- In the User field, type (for example) "larrymiller" (lower case, omit the quotes).
- In the Password field, type the password you were provided (use correct upper and lower case letters)
- Click the Connect button to make sure it works
- In the left hand pane of Filezilla, navigate to c:\acblscor\gamefile
- In the right hand pane navigate to where the file should be saved
- Double click (or drag from left to right) the file you want uploaded
- Start Internet Explorer
- Go to your web site
- Click on the date of the game
- It should display properly
Q: Is there any other way to upload results for viewing?
A: Yes. The ACBL has instituted a results uploading and viewing system. Here are some links that provide some information:
- Instruction Guide to Upload Game Results
- Instruction Guide to View Game Results
- To begin uploading your game results, go to this web address and type in your username, password.
Q: After viewing files on a diskette or thumb drive, when I view a second one the new files aren't displayed in Filezilla. How do I see the new files?
A: Click somewhere on the left window (drive A:) or the thumb drive, and then click on View | Refresh.
Q: How do I delete an FTP Site I accidentally set up?
A: Launch Filezilla. Click File | Site Manager. Click once on the site you want to remove so that it's highlighted under "My FTP Sites". Click Delete. This does not delete files on the web site, it only removes the site from Filezilla.
Q: There's not enough room in the left hand window.
A: Enlarge the window to full screen by double clicking on the menu bar (blue bar on the top of the Filezilla window).
Q: Which window shows my hard drive local and which shows the web site?
A: The left window is your local drive. Using it is very similar to using Windows Explorer. The right window is your web site. You have to have clicked on Connect with one of your FTP Sites before any files or folders show up.